Quick tips for hassle free shipping
Here are a few quick tips to help make your freight shipping go smoothly.
- Try to have your freight evenly distributed on the pallet or crate. Doing so aids in the ease and safe moving of your goods.
- Avoid using old/broken pallets or crates, not in good repair.
- Make sure you use the correct bill of lading. If you created the bill of lading through Global Source Logistics, that is the one that MUST be used. The use of any other can/will cause problems.
- Clearly label all hazardous freight.
- Label your freight as appropriate: FRAGILE, DO NOT DOUBLESTACK, TOP-LOAD ONLY, NO FORKLIFTS, etc.
- Do not allow any portion of the freight to exceed the sides of the pallet.
- Shrink-wrap and/or band the freight securely to the pallet.
- Drums that comply with FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) should be used when shipping liquids, and must not leak.
- Freight packed inside boxes or crates must be properly packaged with peanuts, bubble wrap, air bags and/or foam, as needed, to prevent the freight from shifting while in transit.
- Take pictures of your freight prior to pickup. In case of a damage claim, you have proof of how it looked at your facility before it left.
- Inspect your inbound freight for loss/damage BEFORE the driver leaves. Note any damage/shortage on the delivery ticket.
Feel free to contact us with any problems, questions or needed information. We are always happy to help out.